Saturday, February 26, 2011

Peroneus Longus Tear: At home after the surgery


 I made it home feeling great, but super tired and hungry.  I was craving a turkey sandwich and a sprite.  My wife fixed me up on the recliner with pillows to elevate my leg and an ice pack under my knee.  She also made my sandwich and sprite, tasted awesome.  I kept dozing off while I was eating though.  My parents went to the pharmacy to get my prescription while I napped a little. 


 They got my pain medication, Norco, some Tylenol, Ibuprofen, and aspirin.  The doctor said to take the Norco as needed.  If I didn't need that then I could alternate Tylenol and Ibuprofen.  I am suppose to take the aspirin once a day to help prevent blood clots.  Before the surgery the nurse put a long support sock on my right leg to help prevent blood clots also.  This is suppose to stay on until my appointment on Tuesday, March 1st.

I took the Norco when my parents got back because I figured the anesthesia would wear off and I would be in a ton of pain.  I kept dozing off the rest of the day.  Never in any pain.  My foot actually feels like it did when I went into surgery.  The same dull achy sensation I have had the last 6 months.  I kept taking the Norco, 2 every 4 hours, up until I went to bed at 10:30PM.

I felt pretty good all day considering I had gone through surgery.  My main concern was taking the narcotics, but I have not had any problems at all.  Usually when I take narcotics I hallucinate really bad, so much so that I can't take the meds anymore.

 I almost forgot to mention the awesome dinner my wife fixed, chicken stroganoff in the crock pot.  The chicken was so tender and the sauce was an Italian cheese sauce that was amazing.  She added rice to it as well.  It was so good I had to go back for seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment