Thursday, February 24, 2011

Peroneus Longus Tear: The day before surgery

Ok, lets fast forward almost 6 months after the injury.  Yes, I am still off work,and do not see the end in sight.  Tomorrow 2/25/2011 I will have surgery to repair the longitudinal tear in my peroneus longus.  It is torn where the calf muscle and tendon meet.  It feels like it is about 3 inches long.

The injury is on the outside of my left foot.  The doctor plans on exposing the entire tendon, so I am going to have one heck of a scar on my foot.  He said he is going to remove the scar tissue that has built up, and then suture together the torn part of the tendon.  I will then be put in a cast and sent home.  Sounds pretty simple.  I'm guessing that I am going to be in a ton of pain though.

The pictures show exactly where the pain is.  I feel pain in between my to fingers in the one picture, and the other is the exact spot that hurts the most.


 I have been told that this spot is not where people typically tear their peroneus longus.  Usually it is on the foot where the tendon attaches or at the bump on your foot.  I never get injured in an ordinary spot so it was no surprise.

I am hoping to get some good pictures to put on this blog so people know what to expect.  Also, you will just have to excuse the bad writing.  I'm a lineman so writing is not my strong suit.

If I am up to it tomorrow I will post some pics and fill you in on what happened.  For now wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment